After a disappointing 93-91 loss to the Cavaliers in New Jersey last night, the Nets will get another chance to end their losing streak tonight in Cleveland. The Cavaliers (4-3) overcame a 1-for-12 performance from then-leading scorer Mo Williams and a 12-for-22 night from the free throw line with hot shooting from downtown and strong bench play.
The Nets (2-5) will hope that the return of Terrence Williams from an abdominal strain – he’s listed as probable for tonight’s game – will help close the gap between Cleveland’s bench and the their bench, which quantitatively resulted in a 52-15 edge in scoring for the Cavs.
New Jersey Nets (2-5) Projected Starting Lineup
- PG Devin Harris: 16.1 ppg, 6.3 apg
- SG Anthony Morrow: 10.4 ppg, .355 3p%
- SF Travis Outlaw: 11.1 ppg, .520 3p%
- PF Troy Murphy: 5.0 ppg, 5.8 rpg
- C Brook Lopez: 18.4 ppg, 6.0 rpg
Cleveland Cavaliers (4-3) Projected Starting Lineup
- PG Mo Williams: 16.0 ppg, 4.8 apg
- SG Anthony Parker: 10.1 ppg, .647 3p%
- SF Jamario Moon: 5.9 ppg, 5.0 rpg
- PF J.J. Hickson: 16.5 ppg, 6.1 rpg
- C Anderson Varejao: 9.8 ppg, 10.2 rpg