Tonight, the New Jersey Nets will be without Kris Humphries, Gerald Wallace, and Deron Williams, among others, as they play their last ever game before moving to Brooklyn against the Toronto Raptors at the Air Canada Centre. I will post my thoughts here throughout the game.
- Kris Humphries is sitting out this game, but I really doubt he is injured.
- Just a few minutes into the game and Raptors already lead by 10: 12-2. Alan Anderson with a three.
- Woow it’s 17-2. Nothing at all is working for the Nets. DeShawn Stevenson is no exception.
- With only 2 minutes left in the quarter, the only Nets who have scored so far are Johan Petro and Jordan Williams. Wow.
- Finally, Gerald Green hits a three. Nets trail 21-13.
- At the end of the first quarter, the Raptors lead 26-15. Pathetic quarter for the Nets. Alan Anderson already has 9 points.
- MarShon was just rejected on a dunk attempt. I find this happens too often with MarShon.
- As expected, there is some very sloppy basketball tonight.
- Big Ben with a bucket.
- The Nets are sooo bad tonight.
- At the end of the half, the Nets have only 27 points. To put this into context, if the Nets continue scoring at this rate, they will finish with 54 points. Hilarious ineptitude.
- The Raptors ended the half on a 15-0 run. They have 54 points, exactly double what the Nets have. IF the Nets score at the same rate the rest of the game, they should plan on limiting the Raptors to 0 points if they want to take this game to overtime.
First half statistics
- For the Nets, Jordan Williams leads with only 6 points. As a team, the Nets are shooting 28% from the field. Eww.
- For the Raptors, Alan Anderson has 15 points and Solomon Alabi has 9 rebounds. Big Ben Uzoh has 7 assists and 7 rebounds! It would be funny if Uzoh got a double double with rebounds and assist.
- The Raptors now lead 67-33. What a joke.
- Petro’s shot is off and his defense is Petro-like.
- Petro has 7 points and 7 rebounds. This would be a great time for both Petro and Uzoh to get double doubles.
- Aahh! Gerald Green with a monster alley oop dunk. His head was so far over the rim!
- There are way too many fans at the Air Canada Centre tonight. This game is such garbage.
- It’s 79-46. Such a beatdown.
- The Raptors announcer just said that he feels like ‘a bag of donuts.’
- As much as I love the New Jersey Nets, this game just needs to end.
- BIG BEN UZOH HAS A TRIPLE DOUBLE OH MY GOD!!
- It is the first Raptor triple double in 12 years. Congratulations, Big Ben.
- Only 4 minutes are left of New Jersey basketball. There will never be any more of it again.
- Thankfully, the Nets have just broken 60 points. They probably will not break 70, unless Sundiata Gaines wants to drive up his fourth quarter garbage time efficiency.
My live notes end here. I’ll post a game recap shortly.