Tonight, your Brooklyn Nets take on the Celtics in Boston’s preseason home opener. We will be posting our notes throughout the game.
- The Nets starting five tonight features no regular starters. None of the regular starters will play at all tonight after playing for much of the Barclays Center opener against the Wizards.
- The Nets starting five is: C.J. Watson, Keith Bogans, Josh Childress, Reggie Evans, and Andray Blatche.
- The Celtics are playing their starters. Rajon Rondo, Paul Pierce, and Kevin Garnett are in the game and outplaying the Nets bench players.
- Early in the quarter, the Nets are already down 9-2. Blatche is playing hard, though.
- Teletovic hits a nice fade away and three and Tyshawn Taylor finds Reggie Evans for an and-one. Nets on an 8-0 run and lead 18-14.
- Jerry Stackhouse drives to the net and scores on a finger roll!
- End of the quarter, Nets lead 25-21.
- Toko Shengelia is seeing action along with a few of the Nets’ late training camp invites.
- Paul Pierce is absolutely destroying the Nets’ bench right now. It is surprising that the Nets are still in this game with the lineups they’ve been playing with.
- Blatche is the only scoring option for the Nets late in the quarter. Some unfortunate Iso-Blatche possessions. Some other Nets need to try getting to the rim.
- End of the half, the Celtics lead 49-47. Teletovic and Blatche had good quarters for the Nets.
Tags: Brooklyn Nets